Monday, February 17, 2014

Bucket List Update… Only 3.5 more years to go!

It seems like yesterday that my twenty year old self sat on a twin sized bed in the shared room at the sorority house with the idea of making a "before thirty bucket list". Even on that day, with my limited travels & living in a tiny town in South Alabama, I knew that my twenties were meant for adventure. I remember using my roommate as a sounding board & coming up with ideas that although they weren't completely impossible, they seemed far fetched & like nice dreams to have for the new decade of my life. I never imagined that I would have this many crossed off by 26.

Looking at this list now, it's hard to believe that I didn't even know Shawn when I wrote it (I mean hello, FENWAY is on it!). It's almost as if he was written into before I had a clue. It's been a fun 6.5 years & I'm incredibly thankful to have found someone that loves adventure as much as I do! 

So here's the updated list. With a little more than 3 & 1/2 years left, I'm looking forward to making the rest of these happen!

  • See Dolly Parton live.. preferably from the front row.

So it wasn't front row... but it was still DOLLY & it was still super 
close. Best 23rd birthday present in the world :) 10/5/2010


  • Climb a real mountain for a bird's eye view of God's beauty... but only a small one.



  • It wasn't a massive mountain... heck some wouldn't even consider 
    it a mountain, but it counts to me! Great Hill Mountain where 
    Shawn grew up. 6/20/2011



    The first one may have been a mini-mountain, but the 
    Appalachian Trail at Wesser Bald definitely counts!
    11/25/12


  • Visit LANew York.



  • The doorstep where Carrie Bradshaw lived in Sex & The City!!
    The main thing I HAD to see :) 6/15/2011



    At the top of the Empire State Building on my first NYC trip!
    6/15/2011 

    Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us. But I got to play 
    tourist in LA while Shawn filmed an episode of Hart of Dixie 
    with the lovely Kelleigh Bannen.
    9/6/12

  • Take the London/Paris/Rome trip I've been planning since I was 17 (the next few go with this)...

  • Drink champagne under the Eiffel Tower at night.

  • Visit the Louvre.

  • Ride the London Eye (the really big ferris wheel).

  • See Michaelangelo's work in the Sistine Chapel with my own eyes.

  • Take a picture on the Sydney Harbor bridge in Australia.

  • Go to the NASCAR race in Daytona, Charlotte, & Bristol. One of which MUST be a night race.


  • That one time we were on our way back from a gig in DC & the interstate
    split left to head to Charlotte & I wouldn't shut up about my bucket list…
    So we spontaneously took the split & got there just as the green flag dropped!
    5/26/13
  • Kiss in the rain (come on, every girl wants to once in her life).



  • oh Wisconsin. What a fun & memorable night of 
    great music, & even better friends. 6/26/10

    • Go to Fan Fair/CMAfest.

    No one better than my best friend Laura to cross this one off with. Nosebleed
    seats for Jamey Johnson (below), Martina, Lee Ann Womack & THE JUDDS!
    June 2009



    • Learn to cook at least one dish really well.

    • Go skinny dipping (let's face it, your body just won't be like this after kids).

    • Attend a concert at the Ryman.

    I can thank Shawn for helping me discover the Pixies.

    We went to see them at the Ryman for his birthday in September 2010.

    • See a musical on Broadway.



    So it wasn't technically a "play". But it is a 
    show in NYC. Rockette's at Radio City! 
    11/28/2011
    • Experience a ride along in a NASCAR car.

    • Completely finish Mere Christianity & The Four Loves.

    • Run a marathon... or maybe just a half marathon.

    • Continue learning & practicing my Spanish until it's conversational at the very lest.

    • Go to Austin for at least part of South by Southwest.


    Well it wasn't SXSW, but the point was to 
    make it to Austin. Even with a 101 degree 
    fever, I LOVED it! 5/13/2011




    The first time may not have been SXSW, but 
    I finally made it last year! SO. MUCH. FUN.
    3/15/13

    • Go white water rafting.

    • Take a canopy tour in Mexico (where you ride zip lines through the trees).


        This one is kind of a stretch, but we've decided it counts! It wasn't Mexico,
        but Costa Rica instead. And rather than zip lining through the canopy, it was 
        a hike over hanging brings hundreds of feet in the air. BUT the point was to see 
        the rainforest & that is what happened!
        11/19/13

    • Ride a mechanical bull (just once).

    • Pay all my own bills with NO help from anyone.
    • Send a stranger a message in a bottle.

    • Finally make it to Chicago & go ice skating.

    • Sponsor a child through Compassion International.

                His name is Kavila & he lives in Kenya. I love connecting our two worlds! Jan. 2012
    • Be an extra in a major motion picture.
    Although it hasn't been a major motion picture just yet, I think 
    these count:


    With Dax Shepard as an extra on the CMT Awards 
    Red Carpet! 6/6/2012


    I worked as an extra on the pilot episode of the 
    ABC show Nashville
     3/22/2012
    • Volunteer with the Nashville Rescue Mission.

    • Go to a drive-in movie.

    • Celebrate a birthday in Vegas.

    Well it wasn't a birthday, but again the point was more to visit the city.
    The Chandelier Bar in The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Vegas. 3/20/2012


    The view of the Bellagio Fountains from our 67th floor balcony at the Cosmopolitan!
    • Swim with Stingrays in the Cayman Islands.

    • Make a nursing home friend & visit her regularly.

    • Be 100% out of debt by the time I turn 30.

    • Buy the '66 mustang & fix it up myself.

    • Ride a motorcycle.

    • Go to a game at Fenway Park.


    FENWAY!!!!  Seriously one of my favorite days. I LOVED it!
    6/19/2011

    No comments:

    Post a Comment