Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Before 30 Bucket List" *Update*!


All the talk between Shawn & I lately of taking a trip to Paris in the next year has brought back thoughts of my little "Before 30 Bucket List". Which of course led me to come back to my blog after a year away & update the list with all the exciting things that I can cross off! It's hard to believe how many of these experiences I've actually been able to do since Shawn & I started dating. Having someone that wants to do these things with me & enjoys taking me to see new things is such a blessing! When I made this list sitting on my bed in the sorority house in Troy 4 & 1/2 years ago, I didn't really expect for all of my crazy ideas to ever be in reach... Thankfully life has gone in a completely different & far better direction than I ever could have imagined!

So here's the updated list. With a little less than 5 & 1/2 years left, I'm surprisingly hopeful that I'll be able to cross everything off!

  • See Dolly Parton live.. preferably from the front row.

So it wasn't front row... but it was still DOLLY & it was still super close. Best
23rd birthday present in the world :) 10/5/2010


  • Climb a real mountain for a bird's eye view of God's beauty... but only a small one.



  • It wasn't a massive mountain... heck some wouldn't even consider 
    it a mountain, but it counts to me! Great Hill Mountain where 
    Shawn grew up. 6/20/2011


  • Visit LA & New York.



  • The doorstep where Carrie Bradshaw lived in Sex & The City!!
    The main thing I HAD to see :) 6/15/2011



    At the top of the Empire State Building on my first NYC trip!
    6/15/2011 



  • Take the London/Paris/Rome trip I've been planning since I was 17 (the next few go with this)...

  • Drink champagne under the Eiffel Tower at night.

  • Visit the Louvre.

  • Ride the London Eye (the really big ferris wheel).

  • See Michaelangelo's work in the Sistine Chapel with my own eyes.

  • Take a picture on the Sydney Harbor bridge in Australia.

  • Go to the NASCAR race in Daytona, Charlotte, & Bristol. One of which MUST be a night race.

  • Kiss in the rain (come on, every girl wants to once in her life).



  • oh Wisconsin. What a fun & memorable night of great music,
     & even better friends. 6/26/10


    • Go to Fan Fair/CMAfest.

    No one better than my best friend Laura to cross this one off with. Nosebleed
    seats for Jamey Johnson (below), Martina, Lee Ann Womack & THE JUDDS!
    June 2009



    • Learn to cook at least one dish really well.

    • Go skinny dipping (let's face it, your body just won't be like this after kids).

    • Attend a concert at the Ryman.


    We went to see them at the Ryman for his birthday in September 2010.

    • See a musical on Broadway.




    So it wasn't technically a "play". But it is a show in NYC.
    Rockette's at Radio City! 11/28/2011


    • Experience a ride along in a NASCAR car.

    • Completely finish Mere Christianity & The Four Loves.

    • Run a marathon... or maybe just a half marathon.

    • Continue learning & practicing my Spanish until it's conversational at the very lest.

    • Go to Austin for at least part of South by Southwest.



    Well it wasn't SXSW, but the point was to make it to Austin. Even with 
    a 101 degree fever, I LOVED it! 5/13/2011

    • Go white water rafting.

    • Take a canopy tour in Mexico (where you ride zip lines through the trees).

    • Ride a mechanical bull (just once).

    • Pay all my own bills with NO help from anyone.

    • Send a stranger a message in a bottle.

    • Finally make it to Chicago & go ice skating.

    • Sponsor a child through Compassion International.
                His name is Kavila & he lives in Kenya. I love connecting our two worlds! Jan. 2012
    • Be an extra in a major motion picture.

    Although it hasn't been a major motion picture just yet, I think 
    these count:


    With Dax Shepard as an extra on the CMT Awards 
    Red Carpet! 6/6/2012


    I worked as an extra on the set of the new ABC show Nashville premiering 
    this fall! Hoping for more days soon :) 3/22/2012

    • Volunteer with the Nashville Rescue Mission.

    • Go to a drive-in movie.

    • Celebrate a birthday in Vegas.

    Well it wasn't a birthday, but again the point was more to visit the city.
    The Chandelier Bar in The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Vegas. 3/20/2012



    The view of the Bellagio Fountains from our 67th floor balcony at the Cosmopolitan!
    • Swim with Stingrays in the Cayman Islands.

    • Make a nursing home friend & visit her regularly.

    • Be 100% out of debt by the time I turn 30.

    • Buy the '66 mustang & fix it up myself.

    • Ride a motorcycle.

    • Go to a game at Fenway Park.



    FENWAY!!!!  Seriously one of my favorite days. I LOVED it!
    6/19/2011

    It's amazing to see how much of my little list has been crossed off in just the past year alone. I'm still hopefully that I will be able to look at this entire thing as a collection of great experiences on the day that I turn 30 :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment