Monday, March 28, 2011

Yankee Doodle Dandy...

I'm finally going to talk about my amazing trip to Boston in January! Shawn had a weekend gig with his old band (he lived in Boston for 10 years before coming to Nashville). After realizing that this southern girl had barely been north of Tennessee, he invited me to tag along. I'm not really sure what I expected the town to be like, but I definitely rode around with my mouth open for most of the trip in amazement. The city itself is so full of history that it's crazy. We rode around for most of the first day just looking at historical sites... & of course the amazing architecture! You can see in the pictures below how beautiful some of the buildings are. Shawn would point out these gorgeous faced buildings that he used to have an apartment in & I couldn't help but be a little jealous. It's like the perfect little city scene that I could dream up in my head :)

I was a little intimidated by certain aspects of the city though. The traffic was insane! We sat at one point for over half an hour before taking a back road (thankfully I was with someone that knew short-cuts!). & the snow was something I had never seen before. It was bitter cold to the point that it physically hurt to be outside and snow just hangs out all winter. It gets stacked up on the side of the roads like dirty ice mountains that you have to climb to pay the parking meters. It was up to the roofs of houses in most areas... & I'm told that really isn't all that fascinating to "yankees", but I couldn't get over it.

All in all, it was a fabulous trip! It was great to see a city with sites that are on my bucket list while getting a glimpse of where Shawn comes from too. I've put a few of the pictures from the trip below...









No comments:

Post a Comment